Friday, October 28, 2011

The Sir Ken experiment

So I have started reading "The Element" by Sir Ken Robinson as part of my preparation for his visit.  I'm going to blog about my thoughts and reactions as I go along.  I'll start today by trying to explain what the book is about. 

Rhonda

So, I decided I would love this book as soon as I saw the cover. 


It's not a striking book, but the idea of finding my passion and "changing everything" really speaks to me.  Who wouldn't want to be in touch with their passion? 

Flipping the book over to read the summary leaves me wanting more.  "The Element is the point at which natural talent meets personal passion.  When people arrive at the Element, they feel most themselves, most inspired and achieve at their highest levels.  With a wry sense of humor, and drawing on the stories of a wide range of artists, scientists, athletes, business leaders, academics, and many others, Ken Robinson shows why finding your Element is essential for all of us and explores the conditions that lead us to live lives that are filled with passion, confidence and personal achievement."

Time to log off and read!  I'll post my thoughts over the coming days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment