Sunday, January 29, 2012

Inspiring quotes - Education

A few weeks ago, I shared some inspiring quotes related to teaching.  Today, a few more quotes; this time on the importance (and impact) of education. 

Rhonda


What the best and wisest parent wants for his own child, that must the community want for all its children. Any other ideal for our schools is narrow and unlovely; acted upon it destroys our democracy.
John Dewey


Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand.
Chinese proverb


If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.
Jim Rohn


Education cost money, but then so does ignorance.
Claus Moser


What sculpture is to a block of marble
education is to the human soul.
Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment